Johnson Controls, Inc.
Security & Fire System Technician
Security & Fire System Representative
What you will do
As a Field Service Technician, you are on the frontline, responsible for maintaining consistently high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on-site, customer interface. With a high level of technical competence you will be proactively responding to potential building equipment issues to ensure efficient operations and prevent unplanned interruptions to the customers business. Responsibilities include preventive maintenance and repair of existing building systems, recommendations on replacement of outdated systems, and commissioning and installation of highly complex systems. In this role, you will:
* Communicate with customer upon arrival at, and departure from, the work site, interfacing regularly to gain a comprehensive understanding of operating issues; keep customer informed as to service provided, outstanding issues, and recommendations for system enhancements, upgrades, or repairs.
* Apply your extensive knowledge of electronic or digital controls systems, including an ability to test and write modifications in multiple systems software languages, to diagnose and repair complex system malfunctions.
* Manage assignments to ensure work is completed in a timely manner, to the highest professional standard, and in keeping with customer expectations.
* Provide sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings.
* Report problems or changes to management immediately; interface with Branch Manager, Service Team Manager, Service Project Manager and subcontractors to ethically and professionally coordinate project activities.
* Provides field proposals related to retrofits, upgrades and/or enhancements to existing equipment; assists sales team by providing technical recommendations, job layouts and assisting in bid proposals, as appropriate.
* Coach, support and train mechanical workforce on non-complex, non-critical equipment; mentor Controls Technicians and Service Technicians in attaining certification on complex building automation systems.
* Adhere to all Johnson Controls and customer safety standards, providing safety awareness and instruction to all branch-level Controls Technicians and Johnson Controls worksite-based subcontractors.
* Perform site-specific customer training on systems operation, delivering documentation and training manuals, as required; compile job documentation, such as Certificate of Completion, customer training forms, training certificates and punch lists.
* Continually improve your technical proficiency and knowledge of Johnson Controls product lines; attain professional certifications as required by the company.
How you will do it
As an effective leader, you communicate you interact well, verbally and in writing, with individuals at various levels, both internal and external. Whether working independently or as part of a team, you take ownership of issues. You are comfortable simultaneously handling a large and diverse number of tasks with tact, cooperation, and persistence. Your proven organizational and time management skills mean you are able to regroup as priorities and objectives change. Customer satisfaction is your priority.
What we look for
University degree and 1 year minimum experience, or 2 year degree and 6 years minimum experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelors degree in a technical field.
1 year directly related experience in HVAC, electro-mechanical systems, computer technology, air conditioning or equivalent field.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; ability to positively represent Johnson Controls and communicate with others at varying technical and non-technical levels.
Who we are
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit .
Johnson Controls is a global multi-industrial company with core businesses in the automotive, building and energy storage industries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products and services to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings, energy storage and interior systems for automobiles. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful.Johnson Controls, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call ************ and press option #0 or email **********************.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Johnson Controls, Inc.
Website : http://www.johnsoncontrols.com
Johnson Controls, Inc. is engaged in building efficiency, automotive experience, and power solutions businesses worldwide. Its Building Efficiency segment designs, produces, markets, and installs integrated heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems, as well as building management systems, controls, and security and mechanical equipment. This segment also provides technical services, energy management consulting, and operations of real estate portfolios for the non-residential buildings market. In addition, this segment offers residential air conditioning and heating systems, and industrial refrigeration products. The companys Automotive Experience segment designs and manufactures interior products and systems for passenger cars and light trucks, including vans, pick-up trucks, and sport/crossover utility vehicles serving original equipment manufacturers. This segment offers seating systems and components; cockpit systems consisting of instrument panels and clusters, information displays, and body controllers; overhead systems, such as headliners and electronic convenience features; floor consoles; and door systems. The companys Power Solutions segment produces lead-acid automotive batteries, as well as offers absorbent glass mat and lithium-ion battery technologies for hybrid and electric vehicles. It serves automotive original equipment manufacturers and the general vehicle battery aftermarket. The company was formerly known as Johnson Electric Service Company and changed its name to Johnson Controls, Inc. in 1974. Johnson Controls, Inc. was founded in 1885 and is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.