Self Memorial Hospital
Lancaster, PA, United States
Hours are 8 am - 4:30 pm:
SUMMARY: Briefly state the primary purpose of the job::
Responsible for experience in commercial and residential of HVAC, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems and equipment and other tasks that may be assigned in the most efficient and workmanlike manner. Position installs, inspects, operates and repairs any HVAC or refrigeration equipment, including but not limited to ice machines, control systems, refrigeration, boilers and cooling towers in Mennonite Home Communities facilities. Responsible for maintaining the quality and quantity of his/her work up to acceptable company standards and in accordance with established policies.
MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Identify the major duties/responsibilities of the job. :
* Position must be able to operate a computer, programs times and cycles, etc. for the building automation system.
* Inspects and installs new equipment.
* Technical education on design, service and operation of chillers, boilers, cooling towers, exhaust fans, heat pumps, refrigeration and air conditioning systems including controls and wiring.
* Working knowledge of the facilities BAS and responsible to make necessary changes to maintain unit efficiency and operation.
* The ability to prioritize and be flexible; work cooperatively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
* The ability to make recommendations for equipment update or replacement.
* Responsible to maintain stock HVAC and refrigeration parts and equipment
* Help to maintain accurate records for HVAC equipment including refrigerant usage according to EPA regulations.
* Responsible to schedule and work with outside contractors
* Knowledge of fire alarm system and any other emergency alarm system.
* Responsible for the coordination of material availability for the completion of work for installations and HVAC related jobs. Purchase materials in accordance with company purchasing policies.
* Interfaces with customers to assure quality service is being performed. Attend and schedule project and customer meetings as required.
* Support other maintenance teams if needed for basic plumbing, basic electric, basic mechanical, and any other general maintenance work that is required.
* Responsible to be available for any emergency that may require additional manpower to ensure normal opertions.
* Responds to emergency/after hour calls including snow removal.
* Required to be on-call for all maintenance needs of MHC as scheduled including some holidays.
* Perform preventive maintenance work in its entirety, complete or schedule repairs as needed, and maintain the necessary records consistent with the maintenance tracking system
* Repair or make recommendations to supervision on any defective equipment in his/her area of responsibility.
* Keep accurate daily and bi-weekly time reporting.
* Assist in energy conservation.
* Make sure work areas and mechanical equipment rooms are clean.
* Assist in developing estimates if requested.
* Identify cost savings measures that can be implemented within the group
* Participate actively in training programs to develop and maintain currency of expertise in technologies and systems in areas of responsibility.
* Ensure safe working conditions are being maintained in areas under his/her care. Accomplish all work safely. Request training or information to define hazards or environmental risk if not known.
* Ensure SDS sheets are properly maintained and available for review. Provide sheets to building environmental and safety mangers before bringing new materials into the building locations.
* Follow all Safety and Environmental Safety programs.
* Resonsable to keep assigned tools in good working condition and to report any lost or damaged tools for repair or replacement.
* Assist in keeping company vehicals stocked with parts and free of clutter.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY PERFORM MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: :
Include only required physical and/or mental abilities and special criteria (heavy lifting, driver’s license requirement, overtime, special work hours, etc.). Please list only those requirements which are job specific and which will ultimately be necessary for successful job performance.
* Demonstrated ability and motivation to deliver high degree of customer service
* Ability to interact well with all types/levels of people, both internal and external
* Must be able to work independently
* Strong practical knowledge of commercial construction, HVAC, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems and equipment.
* The ability to meet a variety of physical requirements of the job such as reaching, bending, stooping, crouching to make repairs or installations, twisting, standing, climbing, squatting, kneeling, reading, writing, walking, running and shoveling. Lifting various weights up to 100 lbs., pushing and pulling up to 150 lbs. These physical requirements are called for spontaneously as needed on a minimal basis.
* Potential for injury when working with electricity, power tools, equipment and vehicles.
* Stands and walks part of the time. Reaches for and handles tools and equipment parts. Near-visual acuity for reading blueprints and specifications.
* Works both inside and outside and extreme temperatures.
* Subject to noise from machinery and electrical shock or burns from heated equipment.
* Exposure to various chemicals and fumes.
* Works in the maintenance shop with no windows and cool temperatures and in various other parts of the facilities when performing job duties.
* Need EPA refrigerant certification
* Must complete all annual compliance, any mandatory, and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the code of conduct in the performance of their duties.
* Have a valid state issued Drivers License.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: :
Be specific with regard to years of experience, special training, applicable degree (or critical college level courses), as well as equivalency to education and experience.
* High school diploma or equivalent technical school certification.
* Minimum 5 years direct experience in commercial and office building operations and maintenance or construction experience required.
Self Memorial Hospital
Website : http://www.selfregional.org