Siemens Financial Services Inc.
For Siemens Building Automation HVAC Service Specialist - Detroit, MI job - Customer Services - Plymouth, Michigan
Skip to Main Content
- Our Stories
- My Dashboard
- My Dashboard
- Our Stories
Building Automation HVAC Service Specialist - Detroit, MI
Locations: Plymouth, Michigan
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: ******
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Plymouth
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: *****************************************************************
Provides expertise and knowledge throughout the system or service project lifecycle.
- Duties include: estimating, designing, tracking, start up and commissioning jobs of larger revenue and/ or multiple projects requiring greater planning and technical expertise than the next lower level position.
- Attends pre-booking and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate the accuracy of sales estimate and job layout.
- Reviews plans, specifications, and contract to determine project requirements.
- Designs, plans, and handles start-up functions on selected control systems based on project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Prepares submittals containing schematics, descriptions and technical literature for the approval of the owners representative or as required.
- Obtains submittal approval and prepares as built drawings.
- Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical or pneumatic and installation problems.
- Selects product sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements.
- Prepares database and job related programming for computer-based systems.
- Prepares and justifies engineering re-estimate reports.
- Provides on-site assistance with or performs the installation and start-up, checkout and turnover process.
- Organizes and maintains the job folder and updates pertinent job related information.
- Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs and completes all job closeout documentation.
- Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
- Coordinates work with subcontractors. May be responsible for training lower level engineers and specialists.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School or GED. Associates degree in Electronics or other related technical field preferred.
- 5 yrs experience or 2 yrs Engineering Specialist I experience.
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC concepts, business operations, and job financial reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Individual must possess a valid Drivers license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
Siemens AG, 1996 - 2018
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Siemens Financial Services Inc.
Website : http://www.siemens.com
Siemens is a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. One of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. In infrastructure and industry solutions the company plays a pioneering role. As of September 30, 2015, we had around 348,000 employees in more than 200 countries. In fiscal 2015, they generated revenues of €75.6 billion.