The Mid-Atlantic Region of Carrier Enterprise sells residential and light commercial Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) products, parts and supplies through dealers (independent companies) that sell, deliver and service Carrier products to residences and businesses in their respective markets. We currently have an exciting Inside Commercial Sales Engineer opportunity based out of our Chesapeake, VA facility.
Company Website: ****
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Commercial Sales organization by responding to sales leads from Sales Managers, Sales Engineers and Territory Managers. You will generate quotes for equipment sales to engineers, mechanical contractors, owners and select residential replacement dealers. You will also provide technical support for products and dealer programs. This position works cooperatively with outside sales and other members of the sales distribution team to grow existing customers, create new customers and meet or exceed monthly sales quotas at the appropriate gross margin while increasing customer satisfaction.
* Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner
* Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions
* Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications
* Present price, credit and terms in accordance with standard procedures and customers' profitability profiles
* Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes or returns
* Review and prepare quotes for plan and spec jobs, design/build projects and replacement units
* Obtain accurate information from vendors relating to shipment dates and expected date of delivery
* Proactively recommend items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and improve transaction profitability
* Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sale items
* Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction
* Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed
* Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaint or credit
* Fill requests for catalogs, information or samples
* Remain current on consumer preferences, changes in local codes and product developments by attending sales meetings, vendor training and trade shows, or reading trade journals
* Setup and maintain customer and job files
* Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction
* Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members of the distribution team
* Communicate to the purchasing department unexpected increases or decreases in demand for products
* Assist in scheduled physical inventory counts, attend all required sales meetings and events
* Maintain proficiency in using personal computer, data entry terminal and other common office equipment and software
* Follow company policies and procedures
* Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors
* Perform other duties as assigned.
BS in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical discipline preferred
3-5 years of HVAC experience, distribution experience preferred
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
Knowledge of HVAC design and application tools
Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Carrier Enterprise offers a competitive total pay and benefit package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants applying for employment must be authorized to work in the United States.