Service Refrigeration is one of the largest and fastest growing service providers to design, install and manage mission-critical refrigeration and HVAC in the United States. Our valued and dedicated employees are at the heart of our continued growth and success. We invite you to be part of that growth!
We are proud to be a leading company that has a distinguished history and at the same time we have a real enthusiasm and excitement for what the future holds. We not only work to measurably improve the efficiency of our customers refrigeration/HVAC Systems, but we help them operate more sustainably and reduce their carbon footprint, enabling them to be an environmental leader in their community.
If you want to join a growing company that is positioned to improve energy efficiency and reduce environmental impact, we have robust opportunities for you!
This position is responsible for repairing, maintaining, diagnosing, testing and scheduled inspections on various types of mechanical equipment and systems throughout the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides preventative and corrective solutions on refrigeration and HVAC equipment.
* Provides preventative and corrective solutions on screw, centrifugal and reciprocating refrigeration compressors.
* Reads blue prints, runs conduit, wires devices, troubleshoots and performs quality control testing.
* Reads and interprets mechanical and electrical drawings and code specifications for determining wiring layouts.
* Trouble-shoots, tests various electrical systems and power distribution systems to ensure that they are working properly.
* Utilizes construction and fabrication skills.
* Ensures and monitors safe work practices and safety guidelines.
* Be actively involved in all of the elements of PSM/RMP programs.
* Performs complete inspection.
* Design upgrades or preventive maintenance programs to mechanical and electrical control systems.
* Provides informal and formal training for other team members as required.
* Supervises team members.
* Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES
* Expert knowledge of tools, equipment, and materials common to the refrigeration, HVAC and electrical trade.
* Expert knowledge of refrigeration and HVAC theory and application.
* Expert knowledge of applicable electrical codes, standards, and regulations.
* Expert knowledge of electrical applications for high and low voltage electric system.
* Expert knowledge of water flow, water cooled equipment and controls.
* Expert knowledge of air flow and pressure.
* Expert knowledge of different types of centrifugal compressors, piston compressors, screw compressors.
* Expert knowledge of evaporative and cooling towers, chillers and purging unit.
* Expert skill in the installation, repair, and maintenance of all types of electrical system equipment and components.
* Understands quality management system and safety procedures.
* Ability to use a variety of hand tools, machine tools, and precision measuring instruments.
* Ability to supervise team members.
* Ability to bid jobs and make material/equipment lists.
* Skill in both verbal and written communication.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
* High School Diploma is required; prefer some trade or technical school classes.
* 8 years work experience in commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration.
* Experience working on refrigeration equipment in Chemical Plants, with Process Systems, Industrial Chillers, Cooling Towers, and Office building air distribution.
* EPA Certification (Type I, II and III).
Pre-employment background screening (criminal, drug screen and DMV) is required for all positions
Source Refrigeration & HVAC, Inc. is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
login or upload resume to view
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?