Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage and distribute work to the HVAC and electrical team.
• Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, and participate in the work of employees responsible for facility maintenance.
• Establish schedules and methods for providing electrical/plumbing and HVAC maintenance services; identify resource needs; review needs with the appropriate management staff, and allocate resources accordingly.
• Train or coordinate training related to electrical/plumbing and HVAC maintenance, safety methods, procedures, and techniques, and conduct a minimum of one safety meeting every two weeks.
• Participate in the development of the department’s goals and monitor work activities to ensure compliance with established objectives.
• Establish scheduled and methods for providing facility maintenance services; identify resource needs; review needs with the appropriate management staff, and allocate resources accordingly.
• Prepare scope of work, plans, and other documents to develop appropriate (RFP) Requests for Proposals, and reports.
• Work with Architecture and Engineering to identify potential utilities that exists within work areas before new development takes place.
• Perform bid walks, coordinate pre-construction meetings, and manage facility related construction projects with contractors, such as remodels, renovations, new construction, and other special products.
• Coach employees in the areas of job performance, attendance, safety and other related appraisal criteria
• Uses CMMS system (Maximo) and other computer systems to maintain records and files essential to meaningful analysis and reporting of maintenance information
• Plans department work with the Leads and Planners to include pre-loading of estimated work order hours, using PM, Corrective Maintenance, Projects, and other work request lists
• Lead and instruct the HVAC and electrical ream in association with the designated leads.
• Requires the ability to analyze and direct support for the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
• Manage the work order process along with supervisor to ensure Weekly/Monthly work schedules are managed in conjunction with JLL metrics, KPI, and SLAs are met.
• Perform troubleshooting, PMs, PDMs, and physical repair work along with team as needed
• Know how to read and interpret electrical prints and schematic drawings, mark up and create red line drawings.
• Should be well versed in conduit installation, motor control circuitry, switch gear maintenance and cable termination
• Should be well versed in site utility operations, HVAC, VFD and controls and associated systems.
• Should be well versed in BAS, Siemens, controls and instrumentation
• Strong electrical troubleshoot and controls knowledge
• Strong knowledge of lighting systems, UPSs, generators…
• Must be capable of identifying, utilize, instruct and operating tools and equipment associated with craft discipline.
• Must demonstrate the ability to comprehend and recognize all job related work permits and complete Job Hazard Analysis and ensure team follows all SOPs, procedures and policies.
• Must be able to instruct in and perform work wearing personnel protective equipment. Including but not limited to the following: rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air purifying respirators, safety harness, sand blast hoods, Flame retardant coveralls, Flash suit with gloves and hood, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses.
• Should be able to estimate costs and order materials
• Must be qualified to operate a man lift, scissor lift, forklift and respirator fitted
• Must be able to work in high places (not afraid of heights) and work in confined spaces Must have knowledge and understanding of 24, 48, 120 and 480 volt electrical systems.
• Must have knowledge of industrial Electrical and Instrument systems.
• Must be able to work off lifts and scaffolds and understand elevated work standards
• Education - Minimum of a high school diploma. Preferred two to four years of college level course work or journey level training in electrical/plumbing and HVAC maintenance, or related field preferred
• Experience - 10 years increasing experience in commercial electrical/plumbing and HVAC maintenance experience including two years supervisory experience is preferred.
• Preferred experience in Bio Pharma facility.
• Electrical and/or HVAC license a plus
• Knowledge of specialized departmental equipment including that used in the trades of electrical, heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, electrical, INST, and plumbing.
• Staff management skills to hire qualified employees, provide for their professional development, administer performance management and disciplinary processes effectively, and address employee relations appropriately.
• Fluent in English. Conflict resolution skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Able to work in a customer service environment interacting with the client. Able to stay on task and work independently with minimal direction and supervision.
• Personal characteristics - Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports. Leads by example. Manages competing priorities well. Ability to analyze and make decisions based on broad range of data.
• Interface – ability to effectively deal with customer/consumer complaints.
• Must be proficient in basic computer application software such as MS Office, Outlook, CMMS (Maximo), etc.
• Must be able to adequately perform required job functions. This includes being able to lift, bend, and move in such a way as to perform job tasks in a safe and approved manner. Must be able to lift 50lb • Overhead work / working at heights require. Must be able to operate required hand/power tools, test instrumentation and equipment required by this trade in a safe and approved manner.
• Must have adequate skills to perform required job functions with minimal supervision.
• Valid Driver’s license.
• Environmental conditions will vary based on the job being performed. Work may take place in either the maintenance shop and/or in the plant depending upon the job requirements. Must be capable of working outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at
https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR Policies/Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.pdf
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated
Website : http://www.jll.com/
JLL is a financial and professional services firm specializing in commercial real estate services and investment management. We create value for companies and institutions that invest in and use real estate. Our 48,000 people work across 1,000 locations in 70 countries to serve the global, regional and local needs of corporates, investors and developers. Our integrated services offering is grounded in expertise in all property types, a deep understanding of real estate markets and capital markets, and is coordinated and consistent across geographies.