Johnson Controls, Inc.
Washington, DC, United States
Manager, Project Management, Hvac, Security Clearance
Project Manager - HVAC Mechanical Projects','1912782','!*!What you will do
Planing, execution, and control of primarily of large HVAC Mechanical projects. Ensures that assigned projects are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of contract. Maintains an effective balance between customer satisfaction and project financial results. Coordinates communication with the customer during all phases of the project. Ensures proper execution of project. Provides work direction to subcontractors, technicians, designers, and administration as necessary. Ensures work performed is in compliance with requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Ensures Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards including internal safety programs and US Army Corps of Engineers Safety & Health Requirements.
Location: Pentagon (military experience not required).
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Vacation: Eligible for 3 weeks of paid vacation per calendar year
How you will do it
• Acts as one of the primary on-site leaders for execution of teams on assigned projects. • Develops project schedules and executes according to plan for assigned projects.
• Evaluates the contractual scope of work. Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Helps prepare and approves cost estimates, contract terms & conditions, and technical responses to client requests for bid/proposals. Communicates both technical and business related issues with the clients.
• Manages the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned. May request several bids in pricing process. Responsible for approving subcontractor payments. Coordinates all subcontractor work thru JCFS Procurement who secures pricing and availability from outside vendors and suppliers, mechanical and electrical subcontractors including scope, terms and conditions, as well as, oversee billing processes.
• Ensures mechanics and subcontractors complete typical HVAC Preventative and Correction Maintenance actions using established standards. Provides detailed information to communicate the service being accomplish and completion criteria to customers.
• Ensures control technicians complete the loading, device verification, and commissioning of all system controllers. Validates complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation. Provides accurate project as- build and commissioning documentation.
• Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
• Analyzes financial reporting system and project schedule to proactively address potential problems. Effectively communicates the status of projects to management as required and provides monthly forecasts of revenue, costs, and gross margin.
• Manages risk and establishes project recovery plans, when required. Resolves disputes with minimal need for escalation.
• Ensures project document controls/deliverables are in compliance with contract requirements and JCI Standards
• Sends warranty info to JCI customer and ensures proper execution of warranty.
• Develops project plans and coordinates the required resources to ensure tasks are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract.
• Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required.
• Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.','!*!What we look forRequired:
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field, or equivalent work related experience• Project management experience with large mechanical projects
• Management experience with projects related to HVAC equipment; preferably with large central plants (chillers, boilers, etc)• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
• Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, powerpoint).
• Experience in dealing with a large and diverse number of simultaneous challenges, requiring knowledge of many different disciplines preferred.• Proficient in Project Management software and financial accounting systems.• The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
• Experience working with HVAC control systems• Experience reading and interpreting government contracts• PMP certification or some PMP course training• Experience working with large chiller projects (2,000 tons or larger)
Who we areAs a trusted partner to the federal government for more than 100 years and with more than 700 professionals, Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) manufactures products, provides solutions, and installs and maintains building technologies at more than 750 federal sites and military installations worldwide. The JCFS team is passionate about designing, constructing, and maintaining energy, water, and utility savings projects at various federal and military sites around the world.If you’d like to learn more about who we are, what we do, and the systems and products we work with please check out our “take a journey” video on Youtube to learn more. (Around 7 minutes long)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvGYkasvEwMJohnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)','Field Operations','US-DC-Washington','US-VA-Falls Church, US-VA-Alexandria, US-VA-Arlington, US-MD-Bethesda','Bldg Technologies & Solutions','Exempt','Exempt','Project Manager - HVAC Mechanical Projects
Johnson Controls, Inc.
Website : http://www.johnsoncontrols.com