Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated
Washington, DC, United States
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– A high school diploma or GED is required. A minimum two (2) years experience in the building maintenance industry and accredited trade school degree in HVAC, electronic, or other industry related trade. Union training and certification is also acceptable. Must have Universal CFC certification. Should be knowledgeable in the safe and proper use of the following tools: ladders, lifts, basic hand tools, volt meter, manual drain auger, plumbers helper, safety goggles, ear protection, and fire extinguisher.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as load balancing, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Have the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
- Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee frequently is required to
stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25
pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock, moving mechanical parts and heights up to 30. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions as well as very cold and uncomfortable heat while inside and out of the facility. The noise level in the work environment is at times moderately loud.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Jones Lang LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Jones Lang LaSalle is an equal opportunity employer and committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. Jones Lang LaSalle strongly believes in equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, training, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.
A Maintenance Mechanic supports operation, inspection and maintenance process to mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems in assigned facilities. Assist Chief Engineer in maintenance and repair efforts, as well as, independently performing defined tasks. Maintenance Mechanic will perform inspections and repairs to assigned property and interior and exterior areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSABLITIES
includes but not limited to the following.
Maintain lighting system bulbs and ballasts
Assist the operations team in the maintenance and repair of building and equipment
General interior maintenance
Minor plumbing repairs
Completes special tasks that include but are not limited to; painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests, and general maintenance as assigned.
Moves machinery, equipment and other materials as requested
Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
Respond effectively to all emergencies.
Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
Complies with all policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational process training programs
Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
Documents work performance and materials procurement as directed.
Maintains service documentation
Other assigned operational tasks as may be typically expected of the Maintenance Mechanic role.
Communicates with customers, management, colleagues, Planners/Schedulers and Operations Managers regarding issues, project completion timelines and workload priorities.
Performs all facility equipment repairs. Maintains tools, parts, equipment and supplies in clean and safe condition.
Acts as a resource for all partners in equipment and service maintenance.
Candidate must be willing to work in a multi-skilled team environment.
Flexibility to flow with the work will be required to accomplish all daily operations and maintenance tasks.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement
or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.
Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated
Website : http://www.jll.com/
JLL is a financial and professional services firm specializing in commercial real estate services and investment management. We create value for companies and institutions that invest in and use real estate. Our 48,000 people work across 1,000 locations in 70 countries to serve the global, regional and local needs of corporates, investors and developers. Our integrated services offering is grounded in expertise in all property types, a deep understanding of real estate markets and capital markets, and is coordinated and consistent across geographies.