The main responsibilities of an HVAC technician are:
• Those who are trained as HVAC technician or are related to HVAC jobs are responsible for installing, repairing, and even maintaining HVAC appliances like air conditioners, refrigeration units, and also heat pumps.
• Some of the technicians are experts and also works on the solar panels, commercial refrigerators, and heating systems that are water-based.
• Some technicians are required to sell maintenance packages or service agreements along with the usual work he performs.
• These technicians are required to read blueprints for installing air-conditioning and heating units. Technicians might also need to connect electrical wires and also test units to make sure that they are working properly.
• Technicians perform their tasks with many different kinds of tools like drills, pipe cutter, and wrenches.
These technicians work at various locations such as office buildings, homes, schools, malls, hospitals, and many other places. They move from one location to another depending on the requirements. Technicians also work at outdoor locations and should be able to cope with extreme cold and hot temperature.
Requirements of HVAC jobs
• For HVAC jobs, one needs proper education and HVAC training from a trade or technical school. There are many community colleges that offer a variety of programs in the field of HVAC.
• Apprentice programs are offered by contractor association as well as union organizations. These are useful for training technicians.
• Some of the states also require the technicians to hold a license.
The HVAC industry also offers many HVAC sales jobs. These offer a great opportunity for individuals to earn good paying jobs in this sector.
Some of the common designation of HVAC sales jobs and their job description are:
• HVAC sales representative: The main job of a residential representative is acquiring and servicing home builder accounts. There are many immediate openings in this field.
• HVAC commercial sales engineer: The main duty of a sales engineer in HVAC sales jobs is to work as a technical consultant to architects, contractors, engineers and other developers as well. He provides useful information about sales and application of environmental system solution for industrial, institutional, and commercial buildings.
• Sales manager: A sales manager has the responsibility of managing and supervising all OEM accounts. Some of the main responsibilities are implementing and developing sales plans and also helping with strategy as well as in budgeting.
There are a lot of employers that have many positions to be filled. Popular industries where a technician can get jobs are the heating and plumbing industry, construction industry and property management industry. For becoming a technician proper HVAC training is required. You will need a certification from a specialist in air unit cleaning, HVAC inspectors, and mold remediators. There are many colleges and schools that offer study programs related to HVAC.
You can also take HVAC training over the Internet. These sources offer different products for engineers, electricians, and even contractors. With proper training you can land the right type of job and can earn a good amount annually as a technician. There are many other benefits of being an HVAC technician like profit sharing, bonuses, and vacation. If you are employed on an hourly basis, you can even earn overtime. Apart from these perks, the technicians also get many health benefits like vision, dental, and medical insurance. This makes these jobs even more lucrative and secured as a good career. If you want to find the best HVAC jobs and HVAC sales jobs then you can find a number of listings at HVACCrossing.com. These listings are easily available and can be used to learn about the latest job openings in this field. You can sign up for a free trail and if you are satisfied then you can upgrade your account and can know about all the latest job offers related to the field of HVAC.